Online, Turn-Key, Homeschool-Friendly
CompuScholar's online Computer Science and Computer Skills courses teach fundamental computer and programming concepts. Our courses are tailor-made for kids and teens and are a transcript-building addition to your homeschool curriculum!
All courses are delivered online to your web browser and come with:
- Step-by-step self-study lessons
- Integrated instructional videos
- Automatically graded lesson quizzes, chapter tests and an electronic gradebook
- Hands-on programming and computing projects with easy-to-follow solutions
- Teacher's guides, fully coded activity solutions
- Grading rubrics to assist parents with grading student projects
Free, Comprehensive Technical Support
We understand that many parents don't have a strong computer science background, and we gladly work directly with students or families that need assistance. If students are unsure how to complete an assignment, have a question about a concept, or can't understand an error in their code, we are here for you!
- Our Support Portal has knowledge base article and answers to frequently asked questions.
- You can open a ticket with our support team and a subject-matter expert will help resolve the issue.
- You can Contact Us by email or phone to discuss the issue.
What Skills do Students Need to Begin?
Our programming courses assume the student is already familiar with using a keyboard and mouse to select and run programs, navigate application menu systems, and generally interact with their operating system. Students should understand how to load and save files on the hard disk and how to use the built-in operating system applications like Windows Explorer or Mac OS Finder to navigate a file system and directory structures. It is helpful to also have some familiarity with text editors and using web browsers to find information on the Internet. If you feel your student would benefit from a general computer-skills course before trying to code, consider our Digital Savvy course first!