Our Unity Game Programming course relies on the 3rd party Unity IDE, and that IDE receives frequent updates. Therefore, we periodically update our own course to match the current version of the IDE.
This summer, we are updating our material to match Unity IDE version 2022.3.0f1 (which is current as of mid-2023). Changes to the course material include:
- Updated download & installation instructions
- Updated lesson text with new images and/or instructions, where needed
- Updated starter project ZIP and solution project ZIP files
- Updated teacher's guides, where needed
- Updated instructional videos, where needed
- Updated quiz/test questions, where needed
In most cases, changes are minor and cosmetic in nature, but the IDE does occasionally change the way things are done in the IDE or in code. All students in our Unity course must install version 2022.3.0f1 or greater of the Unity IDE. Updating your locally installed software is necessary to successfully open the student starter projects and teacher solution projects provided with the course.
All updates listed above are now live, with the exception of pending changes to a few impacted videos and quiz/test questions. Those items will be completed prior to the start of the 2023 Fall semester.